Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Rush

I came to New York City because I wanted to build something for myself. I’m not quite sure how that thought evolved – I’ve really always known that I wanted to run a business of my own. Everyone has heard that “New York has an electricity about it” so I won’t bore you with the clichés. But even as I walk to and from work - dodging the continuous chaos of Times Square and the tourists scrambling to see Rockefeller Plaza’s lighted Christmas tree – the buzz is there. The city radiates something, and I can almost feel it smack me in the face and say, “Look, if you’re gonna do it, this is the place.”

Does that sounds too opportunistic for the times? Yes, New York City, like every other city in America, is still battling out the most dire economic crisis since the Depression. The scene is grim for the time being, but the business world will rebuild. With that comes a restructuring, a widespread wave of new players with innovative new ideas. Can our current economic downfall eventually breed opportunity? Well, that’s our adrenaline push.

And so began a plan…

-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment